Restricted & Prohibited Goods
Is it possible to send everything? No – you cannot. Read our article below to find out precisely what you can and cannot ship.
Restricted & Prohibited Goods
Several goods are prohibited for local and international transport; some are due to safety, health risks and trade embargoes.
We highly recommend that you do not try to ship these goods. If you do, please take into account that you may have to deal with surcharges, delays and even confiscation by the concerning authorities. Please note that the following list applies to all modes of transport.
Should you have any doubts or questions regarding the possibilities of shipping your consignment, please contact us! Our agents will provide you with advice concerning any possible restrictions.
- Animal skin and fur
- Animal organs and parts
- Animal products like Ivory or any ivory products.
- Items with a particularly high value such as artworks, antiques, precious stones, gold and silver
- Money / Keys / Transferable securities / Payment
- Dangerous and Hazardous Goods
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluids such as adhesives and paint
- Weapons such as Firearms, Swords, Knives
- Live animals
- Perishable goods including plants and seeds
- Tobacco and tobacco products / Drugs / Medications / Alcohol
- Pornographic material
SkyNet is committed to keeping our customers out of trouble. Due to safeguarding our customers’ interest, SkyNet Worldwide Express does not accept any substances or items classified as dangerous. Should you have questions or doubts regarding the possibilities of transporting your goods, don’t hesitate to contact us.
There are nine classes of hazardous substances. SkyNet Worldwide Express does not accept materials and products that fit in any of these.
- Aerosol Cans
- Bleaching Powder
- Corrosive Agents
- Dry Ice
- Fire Lighters
- Flammable Material
- Gas Cylinders
- Instruments Containing Mercury
- Lighter Fuel
- Magnetised Material
- Radioactive Material
With regards to restricted goods, SkyNet will only accept limited liability when sending this type of products.
When shipping any of the items below, all goods must be packaged according to our packaging policy. Please contact SkyNet should you have any queries.
- Engines – Generators or components containing oil. Engines weighing less than 35kgs must be packaged with foam padding inside a robust and sturdy carton. Engines over 35kgs need to be packaged with foam padding inside an enclosed wooden crate. ALL OIL MUST BE DRAINED. Should any fluid leak onto other consignments you will be liable for the damage done.
- Furniture (except when flat-packed). Furniture must be disassembled and then wrapped in layers of bubble wrap and foam padding inside the flat pack.
- We will not ship Glass / Ceramics / Porcelain / Marble / Resin / Stone – or any product containing any of these materials including items like glass showers screens.
- Electronics such as Computers / Laptops / Monitors / TFT screens. If possible, the items should be packed in their original packaging and box. If this is not possible, then they must be wrapped in layers of bubble wrap and foam padding inside a strong plain, sturdy box. For your safety ensure than there are no identifying marks on the carton.
- Televisions / LCD Screens / Plasma screens / projectors. If possible, the items should be packed in their original packaging and box if possible. If this is not possible, then they must be wrapped in layers of bubble wrap and foam padding inside a strong plain, sturdy box. For your safety ensure than there are no identifying marks on the carton.
- Musical instruments must be in their hard case and wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap. The case should then be packed inside a strong, sturdy box to provide extra protection and security during transit
8am - 5pm Mon - Fri
Units G, Isando Business Park, Cnr Vanacht & Gewel Streets, Isando, Gauteng, 1609