Night Shift Manager – Johannesburg
SkyNet South Africa (Pty) Ltd requires an individual to fill the above position. The successful incumbent will be based in Johannesburg and will report directly to the Branch Manager.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Ensuring day to day effectiveness and efficiency of the operation in the allocated shift at the branch
- Manage daily operational effectiveness & efficiency
- The efficiency of the operations depends on how effectively and economically concrete resources are deployed.
The resources to be managed are:
- the person’s own time and skills and allocated abilities
- the most effective use of the time of sub-ordinates
- make cost conscious choices amongst available drivers, staff, materials and equipment
- Comprehend each particular situation or operating problem by exploration, reason and appraisal, and resolve it
- Interpret policy, i.e. explain why work is to be done in a particular way
- Explain/demonstrate how a particular task is to be done and, if necessary, coach whilst it is being done.
- Manage and lead operational teams.
- Assign/reassign work
- Set goals with the team and ensure operational targets & KPI’s are achieved.
- Fleet management, administration and allocation where applicable.
- Operational planning to ensure clear floor policy.
- Analyse daily data and act on deviances
- Ensure security measures are implemented and adhered to at all times
- Carry out all duties in accordance with ISO specifications.
- Management routines: Huddle meetings, White area meetings
- Operating cost (≤ budget) (overtime, extra vehicle hire)
- Cartage targets and daily monitoring
- Effective resource utilisation
- 98% on time departures of line haul vehicles to branches
- Exception reports and daily reports
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- South African citizen
- Clear criminal record
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Logistics (would be advantageous).
- Min 3-5 years supervisory experience in the courier/express road freight industry with a team of at least 20 staff
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to operate in a team.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Team Leadership skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good cost control skills
- Industrial relations skills.
- Computer Literate (MS Office at an advanced level)
- Own reliable transport
- Financial control
- Problem Solving skills
Please submit your CV to Deloshine Kistensamy – email@example.com